Benefits of the Cloud
Benefits of being Cloud-Based:
7 Reasons Why Tres Technologies is in the Cloud
(1) EASY ACCESS: Most quickly understood by users (most), is the easy availability and access of a cloud-based application.
(2) NO SERVER COSTS: Most agencies using Trams products pay to support and maintain their own server. Server costs, hosting fees, and data access charges typically are HIGHER than the software fees paid to Trams. With Tres Cloud-Based system there are no hosting fees nor associated costs. For most users, not having to hosts their servers will save them over HALF the costs of using Trams products.
(3) SERVERS BREAK AND STUFF HAPPENS: Having your own severs is not only costly, but things happen. Security, backup, and capacity limitations are just a few of the issues that happen. With Tres hosted the responsibility for the servers including their usage, speed, backup, access, capacity, security, and every other thing is Tres’s responsibility and expense. Not yours.
(4) NO LOCAL COMPUTER ISSUES: In my experience, over 80% of support for Trams – or any distributed product – is based not on product usage, but rather from distributed hardware issues. The electricity goes out and now ClientBase will not load because of a file issue. Hard disk space runs out, computer is too old, Interbase stopped working, etc. Employees from both the agency – and Sabre/Trams had to spend time diagnosing the issues and trying to fix them. Now no one needs spend that time and deal with that frustration and lack of productivity.
(5) GREATER CAPABILITIES: Because Trams products were designed to run on distributed hardware, and because Trams did not control what type or size was used; programming had to be designed to meet lower levels of hardware. For example, profiles are not noted when changed by field or profile, but rather by the whole file. Hence any backup’s or working with reporting or consortia systems was very dated, clumsy, and difficult. With hosted technology Tres controls the hardware and manages capacity and develops accordingly. Drag and drop attachments all you want. Backups only move what has been changed.
(6) COMPUTER TYPE FEASIBILITY: With Tres Cloud-Based technology any type of computer equipment can be used. I cannot tell you how many times users would ask, “Does Trams run on an Apple computer?” It is so nice to not have to answer that question negatively. Tres can be accessed with whatever computer you want. Including tablets.
(7) WORKING WITH YOUR CONSORTIUM BENEFITS: Cloud-Based gives users working with their consortia or other centralized systems advantages. Not only is access to who you give permission to easier, but now your consortium can make marketing tables and codes that each member points to. One change by the consortia and every user is immediately updated. Want to use a list of supplier profiles from your consortium? Easy!
With distributed technology, a consortium must go thru many difficult and expensive hurdles to get outdated data. Each agency has data running locally so the first step is a synchronization routine that makes a copy of the data to a server at Trams. Then the consortium accesses those databases and does a synchronization to the consortia’s server and their database. That server and database need to be developed and maintained and hosted and data move back and forth from: all at costs and maintenance costs. All these routines are eliminated with Tres Cloud-Based. Consortia can directly access – read data from and write marketing data back to – members without backups, separate database, data moves or any other overhead. And all the access is free of charge. Note that agencies have complete ownership, control, and security of who accesses their data. And everyone is working from current, updated database.